The Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection at the „Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iasi has the mission to train specialists for the chemical and environmental engineering fields, through a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree programme – B.S.E., 2-year Master degree programme and Ph.D. Programmes. Also, our faculty is involved in the scientific research programmes in the chemical and biochemical engineering, environmental engineering and related fields, as well as in life-long education programmes for professionals that wish to extend their expertise.
Chemical engineering education in the faculty brings a distinctive note by the value of its academic staff. Besides the formative activity, research in various fields, focused to multi-disciplinary national and international co-operation is highly valued.
For the immediate future, the Faculty Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection has as objectives the modernization of curriculum in order to ensure future engineers with the competencies and skills required on the European work market, according to the principles mentioned in the Bologna Convention, as well as to stimulate and extend the co-operation in the research activities with different type of institutes and organizations.
Main research areas:
- Biochemical engineering and biotechnology
- Environmental engineering and impact assessment
- Technologies for advanced treatment of industrial effluents
- Multifunctional polymeric material for top applications
- Chemical engineering
- Advanced materials for pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food applications
- Catalysis and biocatalysis
- Nanomaterials and nanotechnologies
- Chemistry of wood and its components
- Paper science